Home made cranberry granola bar is so simple to make, delicious and nutritious!!
Here there are some health benefits of almonds, walnuts and dates.
Almonds contains about 26 percent carbohydrates, 12 percent of which are dietary fiber. About 20 percent of a raw almond is made up of high-quality protein, containing essential amino acids. An ounce of almonds, which equates to about 25 almonds, contains 12 percent of our necessary daily protein. They are a rich source of vitamin E, B vitamins, essential minerals – like calcium, magnesium and potassium – and healthy fat.
Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids, they improve metabolism, and are rich in vitamin E.
Dates promote digestive health, relieving constipation – fiber is essential for promoting colon health and making for regular bowel movements. Dates are rich in magnesium – a mineral known for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
Dried cranberries contain the same nutrients as fresh cranberries (notably dietary fiber and antioxidants). However, commercial drying processes substantially reduce the vitamin A and vitamin C content.
These bars are perfect for snacking. They are tasty, portable and keep you satisfied for a long time. They also provide a good dose of healthy fats and fiber.
You can customized this recipe adding the nuts of your preference. You can also add raisins instead of cranberries or any other dried fruit you love.
To make this bars gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.
1 cup pitted dates
1/4 honey/ agave or maple syrup
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line an 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal.
2. In a blender or food processor add dates and honey, blend until they form a paste.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine oats, almonds, walnuts and cranberries.
4. Add the date mixture to oats mixture using your hands until well combine.
5. Add the mixture to the baking pan and press firmly.
6. Chill in freezer for about 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and from pan. Put the granola on top of a flat surface (cutting board). Cut into bars.
To storage it you can use parchment paper and wrap every bar so its easy to pop them into your bag.