I tried this recipe with the gluten free flour thinking that probably it won't turn out as good as with regular flour. To my surprise it turns out great!! It is moist, tasteful and indulge your chocolate tooth.
If you tried this recipe with regular flour or wheat flour you also going to love it! You can add nuts or chocolate chips too. My daughter loves it!!
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup greek plain yogurt
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup gluten free or whole wheat, all-purpose flour
1/2 cup gf cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
You can add nuts or chocolate chips.
You can adjust this recipe to your diet.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack in the center of the oven.
2. In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas with the baking soda and yogurt. Allow to sit while you prepare the rest of the batter.
3. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, egg whites, and vanilla.
4. In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cacao powder, ground cinnamon and salt.
5. Then combine the banana mixture with the oil mixture and then add to the flour mixture. Stir just until all the ingredients are moistened.
6. Pour into the prepared 8x4 inch loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 45 - 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Makes one loaf (about 12 slices).
Have a nice rest of the week!